Monday, May 28, 2007

Hazaron Khwahishein Aisi

Hazaaron Khwaahishen aisii ki har Khwahish pe dum nikale
bahut nikale mere armaa lekin phir bhii kam nikale



All I want is everything. Desires. They seem to have no beginning nor end in space, time or space-time. It's like a continuous cycle of unlimited demand that worldly supplies can never keep pace with. What I want today, I get for myself tomorrow and what I get tomorrow leads me to yearn for something new and beautiful which kills me not to have.

That's the absurdity of desire. Of that insatiable lust of the human mind for more and more. Success, happiness, love, fame, wealth, health..... no wonder Bruce Almighty couldn't catch up with people's spam prayer-mails. It's an inexhaustible, ever-expanding, all-encompassing monster of a emotion, is desire.

So is desire evil? Is it an agent, an instrument of the anti-christ? The very lure of the devil's apple? Maybe. But to find out the answer to that question you'll have to fall prey to desire. That's probably the only way of finding out what lies beyond. It's the passion of desire that pushes the human race forward into inexorable progress. Hazaron Khwahishen- a thousand desires are the cornerstones of our quest for a better tomorrow.


No comments: