Thursday, April 12, 2007

Will Liz Hurley be prosecuted?

I'm amused. Again. We've taken the most innocuous issue and made it into national headlines.....Liz Hurley didn't take off her footwear during her "Hindu" Wedding. Someone's already filed a case against her and her father-in-law is willing to testify against the couple(or so I heard)

I have a good laugh and keep asking myself how we as nation keep raking up non-issues and making them into matters of national concern. I mean does Liz Hurley not removing her footwear warrant judicial action? And we call ourselves a liberal society?

The problem is that this is not the only occasion when such a thing has happened. It happens all the time.....every other day..... we talk about banning the Da Vinci Code without even watching the movie.....We assault unsuspecting couples in parks in the name of moral policing....and the list can go on and on.... I mean are we so jobless as a nation?

If we wish to be taken seriously by the world henceforth, we should stop acting like clowns. But the question that needs to be answered in the immediate future is: Will Liz Hurley be prosecuted? I know I won't be surprised if she will!

1 comment:

Ujjwal said...

nice. I like your light hearted yet introspective take on such matters. Keep up the good job.