Monday, June 12, 2006

I have a dream.........reloaded

I have a dream….
A dream that one day my nation will stop spitting on its streets,
That one day all the institutions of this country will magically free themselves of the malaise of nepotism…
That justice shall not be denied to the parents of the next Jessica Lall…

I have a dream that my country will stop dividing itself…..
That my countrymen will stop multiplying themselves….
And adding to the endless list of national woes…

I have a dream that India will never again talk of banning The Da Vinci Code,
That we shall instead focus on real issues and ideas
That one day politicians will get the spine to stop appeasing their vote banks….and retract the quota system…..

I have a dream that some day in the future every Bollywood movie will be a work of art and not just a scene by scene copy of Hollywood flicks….
That one day Aishwarya Rai will tend to her attitude problem….

I dream of a day when roads will be better…..when clean water will not be a dream for half a billion people….
When India will stop watching inane Saas Bahu soaps….

I have a dream that one day I will stop blaming people like I just have….
That I will wake up trying to change things ……
And start with myself……………

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a dream...to sail through the clouds and reach the moon.

I Am Nikhil said...

good man. now wake up, and start. welcome to the real world. you never know what you're gonna get

Pranay said...

nice 2 see somethin on ur blog after a long time.

Ujjwal said...

time to open your eyes and make the dream come true. Its people like us who have to change.

Anonymous said...

well dude...i wish every indian dreams the way u do...we may be living in a vey different India then..but u know what...u..I...and every indian in this country is either too practical or too idealistic to dream for the nation and work towards the achievement of the dream......

Anonymous said...

well dude...i wish every indian dreams the way u do...we may be living in a vey different India then..but u know what...u..I...and every indian in this country is either too practical or too idealistic to dream for the nation and work towards the achievement of the dream,,,....